[Haskell-cafe] (no subject)

Robin Green greenrd at greenrd.org
Thu Oct 15 06:48:26 EDT 2009

At Thu, 15 Oct 2009 10:15:46 +0400,
Eugene Kirpichov wrote:
> but I don't know in what respect these two packages differ and why Don
> decided to create 'judy' despite the existence of HsJudy.

HsJudy doesn't compile against the latest judy library (as Don knew) -
presumably he had a good reason to start a new package instead of
patching the old one.

There should be a way to mark packages as deprecated on hackage, and
at the same time direct people to a more suitable alternative. Aside
from uploading a dummy new version (ugh!), I don't see a way to do
that currently.
--
Robin