[Haskell-cafe] Merging modules

mf-hcafe-15c311f0c at etc-network.de mf-hcafe-15c311f0c at etc-network.de
Fri Oct 16 09:04:26 EDT 2009

On Fri, Oct 16, 2009 at 12:56:30PM +0100, pat browne wrote:
> To: haskell-cafe at haskell.org
> From: pat browne <Patrick.Browne at comp.dit.ie>
> Date: Fri, 16 Oct 2009 12:56:30 +0100
> Subject: Re: [Haskell-cafe] Merging modules
>

> > This is all pretty basic stuff.  Not sure any of it is very helpful.
> > (Why do you want to spread an ontology over several Haskell modules?)
> >

> > -matthias
>
> Yes it is very helpful, I have limited time to study Haskell.

excellent (:

> The reason for spreading the information over modules is to simulate
> actual ontologies and the mappings to other ontologies. My next step is,
> as you suggested, to use type classes. My overall thesis is the study of
>  current algebraic specification and programming techniques.

another thing you may want to know about is template haskell (what
haskellers use instead of lisp macros).  instead of creating trivial
type instances for hundrets or thousands of type classes, you can call
one macro for each class / data pair that unfolds into both.  this may
make your source code a lot more concise and elegant.

please post the outcome of this if you can find the time.

cheers,
matthias