[Haskell-cafe] Hoogle is great but ...

Curt Sampson cjs at starling-software.com
Sun Oct 25 09:09:19 EDT 2009

On 2009-10-25 12:55 +0300 (Sun), Eugene Kirpichov wrote:

> This is not a job for Hoogle, it's for library documenters.

"What he said."

But zaxis, here's another thing to look at. There's usually a "view
source" link beside most of the functions that come up in the Haddock
documentation to which Hoogle links. It's worth clicking. You would be
surprised (certainly I was!) at how often looking at the definition
of a function suddenly makes it quite clear what it does, when the
description didn't quite do it for you. (This is one of the joys of
Haskell.)

cjs
--
Curt Sampson       <cjs at starling-software.com>        +81 90 7737 2974