[Haskell-cafe] Re: Word128, Word256

Maurí­cio CA mauricio.antunes at gmail.com
Mon Oct 26 09:14:22 EDT 2009

> To have it defined is one thing. To actually implement i128 and i256 is
> quite another thing. Are you willing to actually do all of the work
> necessary to implement the unboxed i128 code?
>
> Dream away!

John Meacham also told me that even if I get there, it wouldn't do
what I want (use it to support complex numbers).

Can you tell me what are the issues involved? From my naive view,
something like CDComplex (mapping to C double _Complex) wouldn't
be different than what's done for other basic types. Why am I
wrong?

Thanks,
Maurício