[Haskell-cafe] ANN: haskell-mode 2.5

Svein Ove Aas svein.ove at aas.no
Tue Oct 27 16:12:27 EDT 2009

On Tue, Oct 27, 2009 at 8:31 PM, Colin Paul Adams
<colin at colina.demon.co.uk> wrote:

>    Svein> Known bugs: * Occasionally, the haskell-indentation parser
>    Svein> will get stuck   on what it considers to be invalid haskell
>
> Quite often.
>
>    Svein> code, and refuse to accept your commands; this includes,
>    Svein> mainly, haskell-newline-and-indent. To avoid annoyance, if
>    Svein> you bind RET to haskell-newline-and-indent, you should bind
>
> I don't, but haskell-indentation.el does.
>
>    Svein> M-RET to plain newline.
>
> So perhaps the mode should also do this? here's a patch:

Thanks, but I've already got a (slightly hacky) solution to the
problem, namely catching the errors and bypassing the indenter in this
case - grab the darcs version if you're impatient.

I'll put it together with the various other patches and bug reports
I've been sent (thanks for those, guys!), and have a 2.5.2 out by
sunday.

--
Svein Ove Aas