[Haskell-cafe] Takusen: *** Exception: readUTF8Char: illegal UTF-8 character 252

Alistair Bayley alistair at abayley.org
Wed Sep 9 01:06:24 EDT 2009

Hello Günther,

It looks like Access is not using UTF8 as its text encoding. I have
Access at work, so I can look into this at some point.

The ODBC code assumes the encoding is always UTF8. For some drivers
(e.g. PostgreSQL) you must configure the ODBC driver correctly to
provide UTF8.

Does Takusen work with Access for US7ASCII text? If not, this would
suggest that Access is using UTF16 (which is common on Windows).

Alistair