[Haskell-cafe] Darcs 2.3 and NFS

Lewis-Sandy, Darrell darrelll at amgen.com
Wed Sep 9 16:55:54 EDT 2009

I am trying to set up darcs so that I can share patches between the many machines that I use for application development and testing.   The machines have various operating systems (Windows XP, Windows 2000, Windows Vista, Ubuntu 9.04 32-bit, Ubuntu 64 bit, etc).   I have a windows file share that is accessible to all the machines, and has been permanently mounted as a CIFS share on the Linux machines.  I would like to use that drive for a centralized repository.   Since all machines have access to that share I assumed that I could use darcs without setting up either http or ssh access.

I have built darcs 2.3 on the Ubuntu 9.04 (Jaunty) 32 bit box and am able to execute darcs commands against any local folders, but am consistently getting an error message when I try to push or put to the NFS:

darcs: ./_darcs/tentative_pristine-0:rename: already exists (File exists)

Likewise when I navigate to the mounted share folder and attempt a get or pull.  Has anyone else encountered this problem?