[Haskell-cafe] hmatrix on os x

Martijn van Steenbergen martijn at van.steenbergen.nl
Thu Sep 10 02:57:51 EDT 2009

brian wrote:
> yep I had some trouble too, although interestingly less than on linux pc.
>
> can you provide some error messages and we can see if your problems are
> the same one's I saw.

If this helps, here is the error message I got:

Configuring hmatrix-0.5.2.2...
Checking foreign libraries... FAIL
  *** Sorry, I can't link GSL.
  *** Please make sure that the appropriate -dev packages are installed.
  *** You can also specify the required libraries using
  *** cabal install hmatrix --configure-option=link:lib1,lib2,lib3,etc.
setup: Package hmatrix-0.5.2.2 can't be built on this system.
hmatrix-0.5.2.2 failed during the building phase. The exception was:
exit: ExitFailure 1

M.