[Haskell-cafe] hmatrix on os x

brian briand at aracnet.com
Sat Sep 12 01:18:43 EDT 2009

Hi,

yep - that's the problem I had.

run cabal with the -v (verbose option)

    cabal install -v

so you can see exactly where it's failing

try the following :

   --extra-lib-dirs=PATH

where PATH was (for me) was /sw/lib

I'm not sure but I may have had to use --extra-include-dirs also.

Generally I have a lot of trouble with cabal installing things
properly using the mac, but the above options usually fix the problem.

I did get hmatrix working.  Then when I ran a an example which did a
simple vector operation, it segfaulted.  However the linear algebra
routines all seemed to work.  Let me know what happens.

The linux pc gave me even more problems which I eventually traced to
LD_LIBRARY_PATH needing to include the lib dirs.

HTH.

Brian