[Haskell-cafe] why these two are not equivalent?

Diego Souza dsouza at bitforest.org
Sat Sep 12 15:08:58 EDT 2009

Hi,

I was trying to solve a simple problem in SPOJ, however, after two weeks
trying almost everything I could think of, I was still getting
WrongAnswer.

Then I decided to do the same thing in C++ and I really got puzzled when
I got ACcepted.

I tried to understand what was different without success. I hope someone
can tell me why spoj says the Haskell version is wrong:

http://moonpatio.com/fastcgi/hpaste.fcgi/view?id=3583 [Haskell,WA]
http://moonpatio.com/fastcgi/hpaste.fcgi/view?id=3582 [C++,AC]

The problem I'm talking about is this one:
https://www.spoj.pl/problems/SBANK/

Thanks,
--
~dsouza