[Haskell-cafe] HDBC Oracle bindings(?/!)

Daniil Elovkov daniil.elovkov at googlemail.com
Tue Sep 15 08:44:19 EDT 2009

Hello Thiago, John.

I've taken the Oracle HDBC driver at
http://thiagoarrais.com/repos/hdbc-oracle

modified it just a little to suite 6.10.4 and briefly looked if it works.

It does, that's cool! Thanks Thiago!

A question follows, maybe it's worth to mention it at the HDBC page
and/or put it to Hackage?

And another question: Thiago, John how do you think what is the
appropriate place to put the function that sets prefetch row count?

The thing is that (at least in my case) by default Oracle returns rows
very slowly. Setting prefetch count speeds it up dramatically.

It's not the case with MySQL, for example, but the functionality is
never the less quite generic. For example, this method is part of JDBC api.