[Haskell-cafe] Can't install Haskell Platform (Ubuntu 9.02)

Gregory Propf gregorypropf at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 16 19:51:45 EDT 2009

I'm trying to install the Haskell Platform.  I'm using Ubuntu 9.02 and GHC 6.10.4 on a 64 bit AMD and keep getting this crap when I do 'make install'.  The stuff builds OK and the script in question does indeed exist.  Anybody know what this is.  I've looked online and none of the other people with this issue seem to know the fix.

Error:
The mtl-1.1.0.2/Setup script does not exist or cannot be run