[Haskell-cafe] line intersection code

Eugene Kirpichov ekirpichov at gmail.com
Mon Sep 21 08:50:48 EDT 2009

1) I didn't find one, either :) I Ctrl+F-ed hackage for "geometry",
"segment" and "range".

2) btw, that's yet another good reason to have reified typeclass
dictionaries. I wonder why Haskell does not support them yet.

Looks like http://hackage.haskell.org/package/AvlTree might fit your
need, or probably a variation on
http://hackage.haskell.org/package/fingertree .

2009/9/21 staafmeister <g.c.stavenga at uu.nl>:

> Hi,
>
> I wrote a O(n log n) line segment intersection code. Couple of questions
>
> 1) I did not find such a library on hackage (at least google gave no
> results:)),
> and I notice a lot of people submit packages. Would there be any interest
> to submit this code (would give incentive to make the code cleaner)
>
> 2) In the algo I needed a balanced binary tree, but with a compare function
> that changes with each iteration. Is there a balanced binary tree available
> that give more freedom in specifying the compare function. Data.Set does
> not have this option (I think). Using unsafePerformIO to change the compare
> function seemed a little bit ugly.
>

> --

Eugene Kirpichov
Web IR developer, market.yandex.ru