[Haskell-cafe] Comments requested: succ Java

John A. De Goes john at n-brain.net
Sun Sep 27 12:36:31 EDT 2009

I'm not sure what the point of your series is. No one who is using
Java now commercially can move to Haskell because Haskell doesn't run
on the JVM.

It makes sense to discuss Clojure, Groovy, JRuby, Scala, Fan, etc., as
"next Java's", because they all run on the JVM and have seamless
interop with Java. Haskell is not in this category. It's stuck in a
different world, wholly inaccessible to the masses.

Regards,

John A. De Goes
N-Brain, Inc.
The Evolution of Collaboration