[Haskell-cafe] Cal, Clojure, Groovy, Haskell, OCaml, etc.

Tom Tobin korpios at korpios.com
Tue Sep 29 16:26:12 EDT 2009

On Tue, Sep 29, 2009 at 3:16 PM, Don Stewart <dons at galois.com> wrote:
> korpios:
>> wiki — but I still find the array of libraries confusing (just what
>> comes with GHC — I'm not even talking about Hackage here), since the
>
> What comes with GHC is the Haskell Platform these days.
> Actually, the other way around. GHC comes with the Haskell Platform.
>
>    http://haskell.org/platform/
>
> The contents of which are specified here:
>
>    http://haskell.org/platform/contents.html

I'm talking about poking around here randomly:

http://www.haskell.org/ghc/docs/latest/html/libraries/index.html

... and trying to figure out what a given library does — not for the
sake of selecting it among other options (the Platform idea), but just
as part of getting a grip on Haskell's "standard library", as it were.
 Put another way, I'm doing the opposite of the Platform — instead of
saying "I have requirement X, what library would be the best match?",
I'm asking "Hmm, hello library Y, what could I use you for?"