[Haskell-cafe] Where are the haskell elders?

John Goerzen jgoerzen at complete.org
Thu Apr 1 09:30:41 EDT 2010

Ivan Miljenovic wrote:
> 2010/3/30 Don Stewart <dons at galois.com>:
>>> I notice that posts from the Haskell elders are pretty rare now. Only
>>> every now and then we hear from them.
>>>
>>> How come?
>> Because there is too much noise on this list, Günther
>
> And they have better things to do than answer stupid questions and get
> involved in petty discussions.

Or perhaps people with an overly-condescending attitude are making this
list a less friendly place?

Personally, I used to highly commend haskell-cafe for being such a
friendly place.  After catching up on it after a bit of a vacation, I'm
not so sure about that anymore.  Perhaps that is a price of failing to
avoid success, but I wish it weren't.

Couldn't you have said that in a bit of a more polite way?  Perhaps
without spewing it to thousands of readers while you're at it?

-- John