[Haskell-cafe] ANN: fastirc 0.2.0

Ertugrul Soeylemez es at ertes.de
Thu Apr 1 12:51:03 EDT 2010

[For some reason, my Mail to the 'haskell' list was rejected.  I have
contacted the mailing list owner and am posting here instead.]

Hello there fellow Haskellers,

I'm developing a library called 'fastirc' for fast and convenient
Internet Relay Chat (IRC) software development.  It uses attoparsec and
ByteStrings and the latest release also includes a client framework,
which you can use to write bots and user agents easily.  Here is the
Hackage page:

  http://hackage.haskell.org/package/fastirc

Even though I marked the library as 'alpha' quality, it seems to work
well currently.  Feel free to try it out and if you find anything odd,
just drop me a message (or a patch). =)

If you would like to contribute, please contact me first, so I can tell
you whether your ideas would be incorporated into the 'fastirc' package
or whether it would be better to fork off a new project.

By the way, please note that although unlikely right now the interface
might change slightly from release to release.  I'm planning to
stabilize it by version 0.4.0.

Also note that the library uses monadLib instead of mtl/transformers,
where the monad transformer interface is slightly different.
Particularly inside the 'Bot' monad you can run IO computations using
'inBase' instead of 'liftIO'.  For more differences, just read the
monadLib docs.

I hope it will be useful.

Greets,
Ertugrul