[Haskell-cafe] libraries [was GUI haters]

stefan kersten sk at k-hornz.de
Fri Apr 2 13:13:16 EDT 2010

On 02.04.10 18:59, aditya siram wrote:
> Yes Haskell is not strong on the GUI end of things but have you
> considered turning your desktop app into a web app? I've done this for
> a few things and really enjoyed the process. Haskell's STM is what
> makes this so nice.
>
> Basically the you start a Haskell service on port <some-large-number>
> and make AJAX calls to it from your web browser using a CGI script as
> a go-between. In my case all data flows back and forth as JSON
> objects. You could just as easily use XML.
>
> For the front-end I used Qooxdoo [1] , an absolutely gorgeous
> well-documented Javascript GUI framework but there are plenty to
> choose from.

has anybody tried something similar with qt's new "declarative ui" [1]? i
haven't got around playing with it yet, but it should be possible to link
haskell and C++ models with a simple network interface. i really hope
declarative ui will be included in the next qtHaskell release ...

<sk>

[1] http://labs.trolltech.com/page/Projects/Graphics/Kinetic/DeclarativeUI