[Haskell-cafe] Correct way to record state in OpenGL?

Christopher Lane Hinson lane at downstairspeople.org
Sun Apr 4 09:08:59 EDT 2010

A state monad is really just a convenience (of the sanity-sustaining
variety), so that you don't have to name a variable for each new
modification of your state.  It won't help you here with this specific
problem.

Create an IORef or MVar early in your main function, and pass it into your
callback functions.  All of the callbacks will then have access to the
same mutable contents.

Friendly,
--Lane