[Haskell-cafe] Hackage accounts and real names

Marc Weber marco-oweber at gmx.de
Mon Apr 5 13:05:27 EDT 2010

Well,

Is the "real name" uniq enough?

I mean if I google for "Marc Weber" many Haskell related posts show up.
So yes, this is me - but there are also many false hits.
So I for my part do no longer trust google results if I want to judge a
person. It gives some hints - you can verify by asking the person.

Different case: What happens if someone else chooses a pseudonym which
happens to be your real name?

Do those people change their real name then?

I don't think you can protect against everything

Marc Weber