[Haskell-cafe] Re: Haskell.org re-design

Neil Brown nccb2 at kent.ac.uk
Wed Apr 7 06:12:55 EDT 2010

Thomas Schilling wrote:
> Here's a matching Wiki style:  http://i.imgur.com/XkuzH.png

I like your designs (I liked the blue and orange version, but all the
colour schemes seem fine).

For the wiki design, it would be good to re-think and cull those links
at the top of the page.  For example, I don't think that "random page"
needs to be in the top bar.  With several other links it's not clear to
me what they do.  Perhaps it's just me, but "wiki community" and
"special pages" doesn't suggest what they do or why I would want to
click them, and "related changes" also puzzles me as to what it might
be.  The "recent changes" and "page history" links seem redundant.

The Haskell wiki has some useful content but the pages are cluttered
with these links.  Simply removing a few of these links (while we're
redesigning the site anyway) would enhance the pages' usability.

Thanks,

Neil.