[Haskell-cafe] Re: True Random Numbers

Gökhan San gsan at stillpsycho.net
Wed Apr 7 21:46:11 EDT 2010

James Cook <mokus at deepbondi.net> writes:

> As the maintainer of random-fu, I'd be interested to know whether you
> find it useful after further inspection.

Is there a way to get multiple random numbers without having to
replicateM?

While comparing the random-fu interface with Control.Monad.Random (both
using StdGen), I noticed that while performance is comparable, using
getRandomRs to get a list of random numbers is a lot faster than
replicating uniform (or getRandomR for that matter). I don't know if
this kind of speed gain makes sense for random-fu though.

--

Gökhan San