[Haskell-cafe] Simple binary-protocol through network test

Yves Parès limestrael at gmail.com
Thu Apr 8 12:12:27 EDT 2010

By the way, Gregory, concerning the package binary-protocol, I was wondering
if it was possible to turn the BinaryProtocol monad from
type BinaryProtocol = StateT (Handle, Handle, ByteString) IO
to:
type BinaryProtocol = StateT (Handle, Handle, ByteString)

And then the functions, like runProtocol, would become:
runProtocol :: (MonadIO m) => BinaryProtocol m a -> Handle -> Handle -> m a

I mean that BinaryProtocol could run within any MonadIO, not only IO. This
would turn the BinaryProtocol into a monad trans, which would be more
generic (we could for instance stack two BinaryProtocols).

Yves Parès wrote:

> Problem tracked!
>
> It comes from the last version of bytestring package.
> I tried with bytestring-0.9.1.5, and it works perfectly.
>
> Do you know where I should submit this bug?

-----
Yves Parès

Live long and prosper