[Haskell-cafe] Re: GSoC: Improving Cabal's Test Support

Rogan Creswick creswick at gmail.com
Thu Apr 8 22:30:37 EDT 2010

On Thu, Apr 8, 2010 at 5:53 AM, Duncan Coutts
<duncan.coutts at googlemail.com> wrote:

> I think it's important to be able to convert into standard or custom
> formats. I've no idea if JUnit XML would make sense as the native
> format. It's plausible.

I hadn't really thought about cabal, itself, being a consumer for test
results -- but I like your (Duncan's) points about defining a testing
interface, and keeping it extensible.

For the record: I don't think junit xml is a good choice for a native
format :), but I do think it's a good format to start with simply
because there are many tools that can consume it already.

--Rogan