[Haskell-cafe] Nomic game in Haskell

Dupont Corentin corentin.dupont at gmail.com
Thu Apr 15 05:40:46 EDT 2010

Yes indeed, Nomic couldn't be fully coded, only a subset of it could be.
Rules that are outside of the box cannot be expressed, the goal is, to
have the largest box possible!

Your rule:
* Players must stand when proposing new rules.
couldn't be coded directly, of course, since the computer has no
sensor to detect the position of player ;)

But it could be indirectly. Your rule could be coded like that:
Full rule tiltle: "Players must stand when proposing new rules"
Code when filtering a proposed rule: A question is asked to all
players except the author of the rule: "Does Player X stood when he
proposed this rule?" A vast majority of "Yes" must be acknowlegded to
accept the rule.

On the other hand, if we choose not to interpret the rules, the
program could just be a configuration management system for rules.
It could be a web site that maintain active rules, allow player voting etc.

Corentin.