[Haskell-cafe] Building regex-posix for windows

Stephen Tetley stephen.tetley at gmail.com
Thu Apr 15 17:07:21 EDT 2010

Hello

You can build GNU's regex C-library with MinGW from source and this
will give you regex.h and libregex.a / libregex.dll.

I think I've only had the Haskell regex-posix package half-working
doing this though; i.e. I could build and install regex-posix after
I'd made and installed GNU regex, but when I tried to use (Haskell)
packages that depended on (Haskell) regex-posix I got linker errors.
As I could live without the dependent packages I never investigated
further.

Best wishes

Stephen