[Haskell-cafe] Building regex-posix for windows

Stephen Tetley stephen.tetley at gmail.com
Thu Apr 15 18:15:50 EDT 2010

Hi Ivan

I believe that regex-posix (Haskell) is expecting regex.h to be the
'standard posix' header file. The versions of MinGW / MSys I'm using
from around Christmas last year didn't ship with a Posix regex
implementation, though this might have changed now. I seem to remember
that GNU Posix was available as a package from the MinGW website, but
there was some reason I choose to work from the GNU source tarball
instead (what ever it was, I've now forgotten).

Its certainly possible the original poster doesn't have a Posix regex
implementation under MinGW either - I can't find the darcs repo to
check, but I think MinGW would need more than a header file.

Best wishes

Stephen