[Haskell-cafe] ghc package problem

Phyx lonetiger at gmail.com
Fri Apr 16 08:06:16 EDT 2010

(sorry for the duplication, forgot to reply to the mailing list too)

Well, I did, I've completely unregistered the package,

Did a check and recache, both completed with no problem.

In detail what's happening is, I'm building a tool that requires Haskell-src-exts, So I upgraded to the 1.9.0 release yesterday and all went fine.

However when I try to build my tool using my cabal file, it proceeds to download all dependencies and reinstalling them,, (including Haskell-src-exts) even though They are all already installed (gathered that from the output of ghc-pkg list).

It does this everytime, so everytime It tries to build all dependencies and then the tool.
But if I try to load the file in GHCI, it also says it can't find the packages.