[Haskell-cafe] singleton types

Günther Schmidt gue.schmidt at web.de
Sun Apr 25 17:32:01 EDT 2010

Hello Luke,

I mean something like

data FirstName = FirstName

data LastName = LastName

data BirthDate = BirthDate

ie.

data FirstName
data LastName
data BirthDate

In HaskellDB's case this is part of what's necessary to define
individual columns.
Another part is:

instance FieldTag FirstName where
     fieldName = const "firstName"

HaskellDB is using type level stuff quite heavily and since you're a bit
of a wizkid on avoiding it where not necessary and keeping things
"functional" I'm hoping you might come up with something. :)

Best regards

Günther