[Haskell-cafe] Getting used and available memory

Bernie Pope florbitous at gmail.com
Tue Apr 27 22:04:43 EDT 2010

On 27 April 2010 17:55, Don Stewart <dons at galois.com> wrote:
> We could bind to Rts.c in the GHC runtime, and get all the stats
> programmatically that you can get with +RTS -s

A long time ago I made a simple binding which has been packaged for
cabal by Gwern Branwen. The package is called highWaterMark:

   http://hackage.haskell.org/package/highWaterMark

As the name suggests it tells you the upper limit of RTS allocated
memory. It does not tell you about memory allocated by foreign calls.

I can't test it at the moment, but it is probably bit-rotten.

Maybe it is something to start with?

Cheers,
Bernie.