[Haskell-cafe] Benchmarks game updated to ghc 6.12.2

Ketil Malde ketil at malde.org
Thu Apr 29 03:38:34 EDT 2010

Don Stewart <dons at galois.com> writes:

> http://shootout.alioth.debian.org/u64q/haskell.php

Observations:

Although we're mostly beaten on speed, and about the same on code size,
we're using a lot less memory than Java.

As for code size, the programs are heavily tuned for speed.  Although it
is nice to show that we can indeed be fast, Haskell's forte is being
almost as fast while clear and compact.  Is it an idea to go back a few
steps to more idiomatic code?  Perhaps as a separate "track"?  I also
worry a bit that source code optimization for a specific compiler makes
it more difficult to take advantage of compiler optimization
improvements.

-k