[Haskell-cafe] How to make way into a hadoop infrastructure

Mike Dillon mike at embody.org
Fri Apr 30 10:31:25 EDT 2010

I think you'll want to look at the Hadoop Streaming or Hadoop Pipes API.

Further down the line, I think somebody will want to implement a Haskell
library to deal with the Avro serialization protocol when it becomes
possible to write non-JVM mappers and reducers directly. This JIRA issue
covers the RPC part of the Avro-Hadoop integration work:

Looks like folks have already implemented support for Thrift and
Protocol Buffers, so implementing a library for Avro would likely be
pretty similar.

-md

begin C K Kashyap quotation: