[Haskell-cafe] ANN: Combinatorrent v0.3.0
Jesper Louis Andersen
jesper.louis.andersen at gmail.com
Fri Apr 30 13:39:34 EDT 2010
We are pleased to announce Combinatorrent v0.3.0
Combinatorrent is a bittorrent client, written in Haskell and with an emphasis
This version has the following changes from v0.2.0:
- Numerous space leak fixes. The client doesn't leak memory anymore
for typical runs.
- A number of performance optimizations. In particular the number of
CPU seconds per
downloaded megabyte went down considerably compared to earlier versions.
- Lowered allocation rate of the client so the garbage collector has
less work to do.
- Support BEP 0027 implicitly.
- Add support for compiling with GHC HEAD (6.13.yyyymmdd series).
- Change the parser in the incoming direction to attoparsec and use
features to simplify the receiver loop. Outgoing direction still uses cereal.
- Claim BEP 0006 support by implementing the Fast-extension.
- Add (untested) BEP 0007 support: Handle IPv6 addresses as well as
- Fix a bug where interest updates were not considered correctly.
Also lower the
amount of interest communication to peers to save bandwidth.
Looking ahead, the goal is to support at least the extended messaging
protocol. The EMP
is a dependency prerequisite for many of the other extensions, hence
it is an important
building block for further work.
As always, the source code and issue tracker is at github:
More information about the Haskell-Cafe