[Haskell-cafe] Re: Handling absent maintainers

Mark Wotton mwotton at gmail.com
Wed Aug 4 23:32:54 EDT 2010

On Thu, Aug 5, 2010 at 1:29 PM, Ivan Lazar Miljenovic
<ivan.miljenovic at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 5 August 2010 13:23, Mark Wotton <mwotton at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Might it be possible to enable multiple maintainers on packages, each
>> of whom can upload new versions? As far as I can tell, that's not
>> currently possible with Cabal.
>
> Huh?  Cabal doesn't care who the maintainers are: it just has a text
> field where you list a maintainer[s].  See for example
> http://hackage.haskell.org/package/fgl-5.4.2.3
>
> Currently, AFAIK Hackage allows anyone with an account to upload anything.

Can you have two people uploading versions of the same package,
though? Presumably it's not possible for me to upload a version of
bytestring which makes monkeys fly out of your ethernet port when you
try to concatenate strings.

mark

--
A UNIX signature isn't a return address, it's the ASCII equivalent of a
black velvet clown painting. It's a rectangle of carets surrounding a