[Haskell-cafe] Suggestions For An Intro To Monads Talk.

Stephen Tetley stephen.tetley at gmail.com
Fri Aug 6 12:10:48 EDT 2010

At version 2 Parsec was an amalgamation of a state and error monad -
by amalgamation I mean the data types and Monad instance encoded the
combination directly, it wasn't made from transformers. Version 3 of
Parsec complicates things a quite a bit.

If you're addressing Perl programmers, you could try and encode the
monads in Perl and see what it looks like. Maybe Mark Jason Dominus
the author of Higher Order Perl has done this already?