[Haskell-cafe] Re: String vs ByteString

Kevin Jardine kevinjardine at gmail.com
Fri Aug 13 15:32:12 EDT 2010

Surely a lot of real world text processing programs are IO intensive?
So if there is no native Text IO and everything needs to be read in /
written out as ByteString data converted to/from Text this strikes me
as a major performance sink.

Or is there native Text IO but just not in your example?

Kevin