[Haskell-cafe] Deprecated gtk2hs functions

Andrew U. Frank frank22 at geoinfo.tuwien.ac.at
Mon Aug 16 01:19:20 EDT 2010

may i suggest that the description of the package, where it lists the
depreciated functions, give also a hint, how the function should be
replaced. i often hit the wall of depreciated functions when i try to
use a packaged not having been compiled for a while and i have to
replace the functions. then the searching starts... - if the information
were included in the package description (automatically produced with
haddock from a bit of text in the source code, written by somebody that
did the change and has the information at his fingertips), it would save
a lot of searching and failing upgrade experiences. gtk2hs is just a
point in case, but it applies generally.

any comments?

andrew