[Haskell-cafe] Re: gtk2hs with old gtk2

Johannes Waldmann waldmann at imn.htwk-leipzig.de
Tue Aug 17 07:12:46 EDT 2010

Brandon S Allbery KF8NH <allbery <at> ece.cmu.edu> writes:

> I ran up against this here; I can't mandate that our older SuSE systems be
> upgraded to a newer distribution (our faculty don't like change, in
> general), so if 2.18 is really needed then it's pretty much the end of the
> line for gtk2hs as far as we're concerned.  :(

Similar situation here. I'd like to run debian/stable, at least on my machines
with a permanent net conncetion - and I'd like to have identical setup on
all machines.

If I upgrade gtk2 (compile from source) then I run into
problems with some of the pre-compiled applications
(because they pick up the newly built .so files, I guess)

E.g., firefox (iceweasel) starts crashing, similar to:

Indeed this pretty much kills gtk2hs for me, and so I can't use leksah.