[Haskell-cafe] Re: regex-compat on latest Haskell Platform

Stephen Tetley stephen.tetley at gmail.com
Tue Aug 17 07:54:14 EDT 2010

On 17 August 2010 12:45, Kevin Jardine <kevinjardine at gmail.com> wrote:
> I was assuming that regex would work properly with the latest Haskell
> Platform so I haven't attempted to re-install it.

Yes - its wise not to upgrade platform components, especially on Windows.

> However as I mentioned above, attempting to compile a program that
> uses regex fails with linker errors on my Windows XP machine.
>
> Any ideas on how I can fix this problem?

What command are you using for ghc?

With Platform 2009.2.0.2, I've tested a simple regex example with just
/ ghc --make ModuleName / - it compiled and ran under both MinGW and
the Windows prompt.

Also does can you launch with runhaskell on the Main module?