[Haskell-cafe] Maintainer wanted for pappy

Christopher Done chrisdone at googlemail.com
Tue Aug 17 16:38:53 EDT 2010

Hi,

I thought I'd go through my uploaded Hackage packages and decide which
ones I am going to maintain, which are worth others maintaining, and
which are probably not worth maintaining (spoiler, most aren't).

1. Interested in and will continue maintaining:
gd, higherorder, cgi-utils, fastcgi, ircbouncer

For gd, cgi-utils, fastcgi, ircbouncer I'd like to write test cases
and do some profiling and general proper quality assurance. For the
rest...

2. Not really interested in maintaining, but in a good state and
probably worth maintaining:
pappy (Bryan Ford gave me permission to upload and for someone to maintain this)

3. Not interested in maintaining, but in a good state, not worth maintaining:
kibro, blogination, simplesmtpclient (this has been usurped by
http://hackage.haskell.org/package/hsmtpclient (same author))

4. Not interested in maintaining, in a bad state (i.e. build failure):
validate, lojban, goa, wordcloud

The build failure ones and ones not worth maintaining are probably
best being taken out back.

What do we do with packages we're not interested in maintaining
anymore? Gracenotes recommended something like changing the category
to Unmaintained (and on Hackage 2.0, a tag). Good idea for now?

Chars!