[Haskell-cafe] A cabal odyssey

Duncan Coutts duncan.coutts at googlemail.com
Wed Aug 18 17:44:34 EDT 2010

On 18 August 2010 18:13, Andrew Coppin <andrewcoppin at btinternet.com> wrote:

> Then again, all the links were broken anyway. They all had paths like
> "C:\Program Files\Haskell\...whatever", and Mozilla apparently expects them
> to say "file://C:/Program Files/Haskell/...whatever". It kept whining that
> "the C:\ protocol is not registered".
>
> Does anybody know anything about this feature?

Andrew, I just wanted to let you know that Cabal/cabal-install/hackage
has a bug tracker:

http://hackage.haskell.org/trac/hackage/

We rely on users reporting bugs so that we know there is anything
wrong. There is a guest account so that anyone can file tickets. There
is a search feature to see if anyone has reported a similar problem
previously (though we prefer getting duplicates than no reports at
all). For bugs that really annoy you, you can add your email address
to the 'cc list so that you get notified when the ticket is updated.
That also counts as a "vote" for that ticket, we take that into
account when prioritising things.

Thanks!

Duncan