[Haskell-cafe] ANNOUNCE: enumerator, an alternative iteratee package

Magnus Therning magnus at therning.org
Thu Aug 19 06:15:11 EDT 2010

Very nice.  It looks a lot like the iteratee replacement I've been
working on for an as-of-yet unreleased project of mine.  The main
differences:

 - my chunks only have a single ByteString, not a list of them (I was
experimenting with a list at a point where I thought it'd be useful to
be able to insert stuff into the stream, but abandoned it for the
moment)
 - my enumHandle uses hGetNonBlocking to make it easier to deal with
early termination when reading data off the network
 - I have a set of unit tests that cover the implementation fairly well

My reasons for writing my own was basically the same as yours.  I'll
definitely have a look at ditching my implementation as some point, in
favour of yours :-)

/M

--
Magnus Therning                        (OpenPGP: 0xAB4DFBA4)
magnus@therning.org          Jabber: magnus@therning.org