[Haskell-cafe] Re: cabal-install profiling libraries

Johannes Waldmann waldmann at imn.htwk-leipzig.de
Fri Aug 20 10:07:36 EDT 2010

Daniel Fischer <daniel.is.fischer <at> web.de> writes:

> The problem is that otherpackages may depend on them too, so when cabal
> automatically reinstalls, those can break.

how can this be - if the re-installed package is compiled
from the exact original source (as I just learned, cabal stores the sources)?

or do you mean "the dependent packages must be recompiled" -
well, then cabal could just do it?

Of course I understand "lack of developer time".
Could any of this be forked out as student projects?

J.W.