[Haskell] Re: [Haskell-cafe] ANNOUNCE: enumerator, an alternative iteratee package

John Millikin jmillikin at gmail.com
Sat Aug 21 18:06:52 EDT 2010

On Sat, Aug 21, 2010 at 14:41, Michael Snoyman <michael at snoyman.com> wrote:
> Hey John,
> As I mentioned, I'm considering having persistent depend upon enumerator. Do
> you think it's too early in enumerator's life to do so and I should wait
> till the API stabilizes a bit more? Also, two other packages I would think
> to bring into the enumerator family would be:
> * yaml
> * wai-extra, providing an enumerator layer for more easily dealing with the
> Source and Enumerator datatypes in wai. I might just release a
> wai-enumerator package instead.
> Thanks again for your work on this,
> Michael

I think the API is pretty stable. Most of the significant research
into iteratee-based APIs has already been performed by users of the
"iteratee" library, and by Oleg. There might be a few
backwards-compatible changes (new modules, new exports, etc). I'm not
planning to make any large changes, such as Mr. Lato's transition to
CPS-based iteratees.

As long as you import the enumerator modules with "qualified" (to
avoid Prelude name clashes), it should be safe to start porting
libraries.