[Haskell-cafe] Re: Unix emulation

Kevin Jardine kevinjardine at gmail.com
Mon Aug 23 03:36:18 EDT 2010

I'd agree with Stephen.

I've used MinGW / msys for years and would never consider doing any
open source development (especially involving C) without it.

In the past, installing it has only taken a few minutes. That still
looks to be the case for MinGW but it now appears that msys has been
split into a confusing and long list of packages. I think that it
needs a standard installer as well (in fact the combined MinGW/msys
package needs one standard installer as I think it is rare these days
to use one without the other.)

Kevin