[Haskell-cafe] Re: Fwd: Semantics of iteratees, enumerators, enumeratees?

Conal Elliott conal at conal.net
Tue Aug 24 00:22:50 EDT 2010

> I have omitted the chunking [Char] because I don't like it; invariance with
> respect to the chunk sizes is something that should be left to the iteratee
> abstraction.

I have this same reservation about iteratees.  And related one for
enumerators and enumeratees.  Assuming my sense of their intended meanings
is on track, they allow lots of well-typed but bogus values.

Defining and adhering to a precise denotational model would eliminate all of
these abstraction leaks, as Luke Palmer alludes to in
http://lukepalmer.wordpress.com/2008/07/18/semantic-design/ .

  - Conal