[Haskell-cafe] Slightly humorous: Headhunters toolbox (example for Germany)

Vo Minh Thu noteed at gmail.com
Fri Aug 27 19:29:16 EDT 2010

2010/8/28 sylvain <sylvain.nahas at googlemail.com>:
> Hello,
>
>> I'm not sure if you're serious or not ...
>
> Well, I wasn't, actually. My previous email was an eruption of "second
> degré" (I guess the closest English term would be irony).
>
>> But you do realise Haskell is not a word only used to name some
>> programming language used by fanatic hipsters [0]?
>
> Apart the programming language, I have encountered this term only as a
> family name. I would find interesting to know if there is a language in
> which this word exists and has yet another meaning.
>
>> Other sources show growing interest in Haskell (much to the dismay of
>> our favorite motto).
>
> Would you accept to refer to these other sources?

I was mainly thinking to the number of people on the #haskell IRC
channel, the growing number of packages on Hackage, and the growing
number of Haskell-related job announcement.

It would be interesting to know some other sources: number of people
with Haskell-related repos on Github and other hostings, number of
Haskell-related blog owners, number of attendees to e.g. Utrecht
summer school on FP, ...

Probably blog owners see a rise in the amount of visits they receive
on their Haskell-related posts, but that would be also because their
particular blog just become more well-known from people already
interested in Haskell.

Cheers,
Thu