[Haskell-cafe] getErrorStatus in HXT

Uwe Schmidt uwe at fh-wedel.de
Sat Dec 4 18:49:02 CET 2010

Hi Tobias,

> I have some problems with the error processing in HXT.
>
> Here is a trivial example:
>
> e <- runX (transformDoc [] someRules src dst)
>
> transformDoc cfg rules src dst =
>     configSysVars cfg >>>
>     readDocument  [] src >>>
>     rules >>> -- some transformations
>     writeDocument [] dst >>>
>     getErrStatus
>
> I would expect "e" to contain an error value >= c_err for the case where
> any of the processing steps in transformDoc fails. But it does not, even
> with an io error on writeDocument.
>
> I guess I misunderstand "getErrStatus" in some way. Any idea?

no, you've got it as it should be. This is an error introduced hxt-9.0
when changing the internals of the global hxt state. I've removed that
bug in the head of the development version.
If there's no time for you to wait until hxt-9.1, the dev. version is available
from github at "https://github.com/UweSchmidt/hxt".

Sorry for that inconvenience,

  Uwe