[Haskell-cafe] LLVM, type-level?

Lally Singh lally.singh at gmail.com
Tue Dec 7 17:02:06 CET 2010

Hey all,

  I'm generating a structure definition from input, and would like to
generate some LLVM code that can use it.  I see an 'alloca' function
in LLVM.Core that may do the trick, but takes a static type (Ptr a),
which I wouldn't have.  Is there a dynamic variant?  I'm currently
generating a TypeDesc Struct type.

Also, is everything under LLVM.Core.* private (not LLVM.Core, but
LLVM.Core.Util,etc)?  I saw from some blog posts that Core.Util has a
function for (I think) getting the a function's parameters, but I
can't seem to find a way to access it.  Is there another way to get
the arguments to a function?

Thanks for your help,

-Lally