[Haskell-cafe] Rather off topic: An ab initio universe simulation?

Tom Nielsen tanielsen at gmail.com
Thu Dec 9 16:11:14 CET 2010

You can do all sorts of fun things with computers. Assuming that you
are interested in modeling really real life, how will you estimate
parameters (e.g. mutation rates) based on real data? How will you
quantify whether this a good or a bad model? I think living in a
fact-free world is a bit pointless, but there are plenty of people who
got tenure that way... There's tons of this stuff in Artificial Life
and a book with that title by Stephen Levy which make many grand
claims.

Tom